Friday, May 21, 2010

Catching Up

It's been a week since I last posted so here is what has happened. Saturday I met the team at Red Coyote, a new running store on the Classen Curve, and we ran 3 miles. Afterward I bought some new shoes which was long overdue and man it makes a huge difference. I ran in them on Monday and the difference in how my legs felt was night and day. On Tuesday I did a long brick workout where I biked 16 miles and then hopped off and ran 3 miles. Thanks to my new shoes my legs felt great after one mile and I felt like I could have kept going for 2 or 3 more. Thursday I had my first open water swim of the season at Lake Arcadia with the OKC Tri group. It was a 500 meter swim that overall went well considering it was my first one of the season. I need to work more at it and will get another chance on Monday with the TNT group.

Today is Bike to Work Day so I got up earlier than normal to bike 13.5 miles to my work through morning traffic. It wasn't the best experience ever but I enjoyed it overall. I attached my camera to my handle bars and made a time lapse video. I have posted it below for your viewing pleasure. This weekend we have a brick workout and I have my Bunko Fundraiser. I will fill you in on those details as they happen. Go Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment