Friday, June 19, 2009

Running, Swimming and Leo

Yesterday I woke up and did my normal 3 mile run but added a little bit of interval training too. I would speed up and slow down for a minute at a time. It was a great start to the day and always helps to keep my energy up throughout the day.

This morning I swam for about 30 minutes doing a lot of the same drills I was taught on Wednesday and it seemed to help. Today's swim was 100 times easier than Tuesdays thanks to my coaches.

I have determined who I will be racing for. My cousin Leo was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma a few years ago, after many rounds of Chemo he has been cancer free for a few years now. Go Leo! I will give more info on Leo soon.

I am looking for a song to base my training and fund raising on and am currently leaning toward the song "So Alive" by Ryan Adams. I think it is a great song and the meaning seems to fit the idea behind Team in Training. If you have any other songs that I should consider please send them my way I am open for suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment