Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Uncle Terry

Today was the funeral for my Uncle Terry. He passed away last Thursday, July 2nd, losing his battle with cancer. It was a very nice ceremony at the church where I grew up St. John's Catholic Church in Edmond. It was a very small beautiful service that included a full mass. Father Dan who actually knew my uncle said some funny stories about him and delivered a wonderful service. I want to thank all of my friends for the support they have shown me and my family over the last 2 weeks. It really means a lot to me.

Tonight I have a team swim at 6:30 at OCCC and then am off to play 2 softball games at 8:30 & 9:30. I am predicting that I am very tired tonight at about 10:45 or 11. I have stepped up my fundraising effort and am sending out about 70 letters to friends and family, mostly people who don't use the internet, and I am hoping to get a great response from them. I have been throwing around some ideas for fund raising opportunities and will keep you posted on what I decide to do.

I have officially made the theme song to my training and commitment to Team in Training "So Alive" by Ryan Adams, yes that is Ryan not Bryan. I feel that it represents a positive message and really fits the idea of Team in Training and supporting others and helping to do what others can't do. Here is a link to the performance on The Late Show.

No comments:

Post a Comment